Thursday, October 28, 2010

{Thirty-Minute Storyboard}

Looks like I will have to be the first {Thirty-Minute Storyboard} participant. Apparently, you all are too chicken to send me pix of your rooms!!!! Well, I will be the first to admit that I am the shoemaker whose children have no shoes. Our Master Bedroom is so sad. There's no excuse for it's poor situation besides the fact that... we are poor ;-). So... here it goes...


Here is the photo that inspired today's 30-min story board:

What I love:
- I love the use of brown and black together
- This room just feels fresh, airy, comfy, as well as romantic
- I love canopy beds that aren't over stated
- The fact that you could pull off this look without breaking the bank

Our sad excuse of a bedroom:
- The only thing we have purchased for our room is our bedding
- Everything else... MUST GO!
- FYI, I have yet to find a suitable remake of Anthropologie's Cirrus Bedding


Ta-Da! What I love about this storyboard:
- I created this space as if I were NOT the client... and I have to say, it's something I would have never put together for myself, but I just might make this my new bedroom!
- It's a little rustic without being chunky. It's sophisticated with a touch of vintage fever. 
- I love the black/brown hardwood floor in a herringbone pattern
- yum, yum, yum.



Well, I hope you enjoyed today's post and next week... I better have photos in my inbox!!! ;-)
Best,

Storyboard objects:

Bed: Anthropologie
Sofa: Found by Domestic Bliss
Art: Z Gallerie
Mirror: Restoration Hardware
Chair: Anthropologie
Side Table: Restoration Hardware
Rug: The Rug Company
Lamp: Found by Domestic Bliss
Fabrics: Calico Corners
Trunk: Restoration Hardware

3 comments:

  1. Hi Em - you never cease to absolutely amaze me! I'm not surprised by your storyboard because you just "have it". You are so incredibly talented and have an uncanny ability to feel and see what other people want and can put that together with such precision and with magnificent style. I'm also dang impressed with your ability to write blogs! I'm a fan for sure! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, to what your mother said. When I get my new house, you will be getting a call.
    P.S. when you get rid of the nightstand, let me know, Brittanny has a piece that matches it and we should give it to her.
    Your adoring mother-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    You don't know me. I knew Tanner in high school we were friends. I found your blog and completely envy you and wish we were best friends. I love how creative you are. I love seeing the transformation of your home. I always wanted to go to school to be an interior designer and I look at this blog and wish to be as talented as you. Hope this isn't creepy but thought I should comment considering I'm blog stalking =)

    Brooke Darrohn

    ReplyDelete