Thursday, November 18, 2010

{Thirty-Minute Thursday} #3


Today's Thirty-Minute Thursday post is a little late... given that it's 12:35 a.m. Friday morning. I had a really hard time finding inspiration today. When you live and eat design you learn to not waste your time when you're lacking inspiration. Around 10:30 this evening I started dreaming of my "one-day"dressing room/bathroom. I was inspired by this photo...




It was the concept of this room that I fell in love with. So I put my own twist on it.
Feature in this upcoming storyboard are my favorite mediums... LEATHER, GLASS, and COPPER. yum. yum.

This whole room has a lot going on so I'll walk you through my dream ;-). Starting with the walls. I would love for them to be covered in a plaster/cheesecloth finish. I wish I could show you the finish in person. My painter specializes in unique finishes like this and they turn out phenomenal!  Then, the floors are leather tiles. Yes, Leather. Warm in the winter and cold in the summer. Leather naturally resists water so if you're sure to always clean up puddles it's a great flooring option that not many people/hardly any think of. The tub and sinks are all copper and I would love to be able to sit in the tub and look at that beautiful mosaic alll dayyyy long. SICIS is a company that makes the MOST GORGEOUS mosaics of all time. Google Images for Sicis Glass Mosaics- you will be blown AWAY!
In this design I've taken a furniture piece from Restoration Hardware and turned it into a vanity. Yes, you can do that. The light fixtures are more traditional to tie in the Ball and Claw theme on the tub. In past years I would have gagged at this leather chaise but the more I learn to appreciate ergonomic design the more I picture myself in a bathrobe laying on this chaise smiling the day away. I added this dress artwork to give the room a more girly feeling. This room would definitely need some adjusting but hey... I had 30 minutes. As you will notice... I did not use a tufted piece of furniture. That's a first- haha. I'm sure one would make its way into the room sooner or later if we were to play this out.

I'm off to bed now,

No comments:

Post a Comment